The station is situated in fare zone 1 and is located near the South Bank of the River Thames within walking distance to the London Eye and various popular tourist attractions. It is also the exiting station for London's Southbank where a number of seasonal and cultural events take place throughout the year.
Waterloo is a London Underground station located within the Waterloo station complex that incorporates both the tube station and the main line railway station. It is the third busiest station on the Underground network with over 91 million passenger entries and exits in 2015 and is served by four lines: the Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northern and Waterloo & City lines.
The site is an internal experiential space and therefore requires no additional cover. Site Dimensions are 2 x 1m (wxd) with a height restriction of 2.5m at this venue.
- Journeys - There are 3.5 million journeys per day undertaken on the LU network
- Memorable - Underground users are 6x more likely to recall adverts
- Response - 79% of them have looked up something or purchased a product as a result of advertising on the Underground
- London workers earn 53% more than national average per year and 74% of Underground users are ABC1
- Over 50% of Underground users are aged 18-34
- 37% of Underground users are likely to be opinion leaders and conversation catalysts
- Londoners have the highest smart phone ownership in the UK at 88%
The space could be used for a Pop-Up activity for either retail or experiential. The high footfall allows brands to use the space as a perfect platform to showcase their assets.
There is no power on site and so the campaign would need to be power-free. 4G wireless internet can be arranged (at a fee) should this be required. Please note that newspaper/publication/alcohol brands are not permitted to exhibit at this station.