Port Colborne is a city on Lake Erie, at the southern end of the Welland Canal, in the Niagara Region of southern Ontario, Canada. The area is very popular amongst tourists seeking outdoor activities during the spring, summer and fall.
ABOUT 196 WEST
The building was originally a Canadian Bank Of Commerce, built in 1920, complete with a vault on the main floor. The second floor, originally the residence of the bank manager, is now Pilot Lodging, a fully furnished suite for short term accommodations for tourists, visitors, business travellers, cyclists, hikers, birders and boaters. The municipal transient boater docks, the Greater Niagara Circle Route Trail and the Promenade are directly in front of the building. Port Colborne is a working port with more than 3,000 ships from more than 50 nations transiting the Welland Canal annually, right in front of the building. During a summer festival called Canal Days, the tall ships dock in front of the building as 300,000 or so people visit the area.The Sugarloaf Marina, horseback riding, fishing and beaches are minutes away, while many Niagara Region Wineries are a short drive away.
ABOUT THE SPACE
The area available is 1800 sq. ft ground floor section of this historic building that can be partitioned if required. There are also several lockable rooms on this floor and a waiting room area.